Actually it’s not! Numerous hacking/spaming/other abuses are being attempted almost all the time which forced me to ban specific or whole range IPs. The process is based on both ip lists and automatic recognition of patterns. I apologize to legit users for any inconvenience!
I’ve always been fond of astronomy and quite often I dig the internet searching for new and interesting stuff. I ran into NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) site almost 15 years ago and I’ve been checking it since almost daily. As a token of gratitude, I’ve decided to help them reach a larger audience by hosting a mirror. For starters, it will be in english but my main goal is to offer it translated to romanian. I’ll try to do it as much as I can, but I can’t promise any great performance due to the lack of free time.
Thus, I’d be very thankful to anyone who could help with the translation! (yes, I’m thinking of course about romanian comunity of astronomers,hobbyist, etc). An on-the-site editing system is up already but the actual saving will only be enabled for those specifically requesting it (just trying to limit any abuse). All the contributors will be given credit for their work.
Note to APOD Editors: the almost constant layout of the pages helped me automating a lot of tasks and I think it was a great ideea to have it that way. The mirror is self managing, the first request is always forwarded to APOD server, gets cached and then served to the user. I can’t check for ‘malformed’ urls, the mirror does everything automatically with every request. If you have any suspicions, check for X_FORWARDED_FOR header. Thanks!
After getting stuck on a certain level while playing Blood & Glory by Glu, I took a look at the app and gave myself a little bonus.
Check out the screenshots! Like that?.. :->
Working on a trainer now, keep posted!
L.E.: Actually I changed my mind, I couldn’t stand it! Crapware..
This service is no longer available. PLEASE DON’T POST YOUR IMEI IN COMMENTS!
Here we go with yet another unlock solution.
This one applies to almost (if not all) devices which are radio S-off, it’s fairly easy to use and doesn’t wipe data/settings nor have that ugly side effect (when using diag files) in which you lose connectivity to mobile network.
LE: the list below is quite old and out of date, this should word with any S-OFF device (including HTC One M8). .
Supported devices so far:
- HTC Sensation (pyramid)
- HTC EVO 3D GSM (shooteru)
- HTC myTouch Slide 4G
(by the use of revolutionary)
- HTC Amaze
- HTC Rezound
- HTC Vivid/Raider/Velocity
(by the use of JuopunutBear)
Sprint EVO 4G
Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
(by the use of unrevoked 3)
These are the required steps you have to take:
1. S-off your phone by using the apropriate tool (if you haven’t already done that, check the above list).
2. Fill in the form with the required data. This will generate an unique Config.dat file for your device. Please enter a valid email address, as you’ll be sent there the link to download the file.
!! Please don’t use any of these email providers as they’re blocking emails from this site: hotmail, live, msn.
!! Please don’t mark the email as spam; if you find it Bulk/Spam folder please move it to your Inbox, this way I’ll have less complaints about sending SPAM from your email providers!
Promoting this site keeps it online with both free and paid (but quite cheap) services. If you found anything useful here, please Like!
3. Put the file on the root of your sdcard (actual or virtual, depending on the type of your phone) and reboot your phone into HBOOT (adb reboot oem-42). Once you’re there, navigate to Simlock and press Power. The phone will load the file and remove the simlock. Some text will appear on the screen and at a certain point you’ll be asked to press Vol-Up to restart the phone.
4. Just do it, and you’ll be done!
This solution is heavily linked to the device it’s being applied to by the use of IMEI, which can be considered a breach in security.
This solution provided for you on this site is given AS IS and in GOOD FAITH and is based on the research I made. I may not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of this applicaton.
If you find this tool useful and appreciate my work, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot..
Last edited on May 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm
Reason: added more devices
WARNING:This method involves WIPING all the data on the phone and that’s why I recommend you should take care and pay more attention at the steps regarding backups and restoring those backups.
All the credits go to raskal (XTC Clip) for providing the diag file (not mentioned anywhere else, but important I think) and Revolutionary team for achieving S-Off.
If your device is still S-on start from step 1, otherwise, if you already have a custom recovery, start from step 5.
1. Go to http://revolutionary.io and download the latest version of their tool. Please note that you require a beta key to run the application, which you can get from their site after entering the serial number of your phone (you can get if from Settings>About>Phone ID).
2. Enable ADB for your phone: go to Settings>Applications>Development and check USB Debugging.
3. Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable, run Revolutionary (which you’ve just downloaded), let it discover your phone, enter the beta key and let the app take its steps. It will reboot your phone a couple of times, after which you’ll have S-OFF and their patched bootloader.
4. If everything goes according to plan, you’ll be asked to agree on downloading and installing a custom recovery. You should choose to do so in order to take the next step:
5. BACKUP your data: power off your phone, press Volume down + Power button to get into bootloader, press volume down to reach Recovery and press Power button again. This will boot your recovery. On its menu navigate to “Backup and Restore” and choose to backup.
6. Download PG58DIAG.nbh and copy it on the root of your SD card. (Can also be done via recovery by USB-MS mounting or by using a card reader).
7. Make sure the USB cable is not connected to your phone and boot again to HBOOT (Volume down + Power). Your phone will now load the file form the card (XTC Clip users should be familiar to this). It will ask you to place it on horizontal surface for calibration.
8. Press power button to select “Clean S58 Data” and press Power button one more time to actually clean the data. After this step, the phone can only be restarted by pulling out the battery. Also remove the diag file from the sdcard to avoid loading it each time you go to hboot.
After all this steps, your phone will be sim-unlocked and its CID set to 11111111, but also wiped out. If you restart to android, it will set up as if it was after a factory reset.
9. If you wand to recover your previously backed-up data, reboot again to recovery and restore your nandroid.
Bear in mind, though, that in certain circumstances you’ll lose your data or network connectivity. You’ll just have to check your APN, network type & so on;
SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.4
As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:
THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
If you’ve been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down. This is the only site I endorse (along with official xda thread)! Commercial use is forbidden!
Although I had thought the unlock tool had its time and made its purpose, I soon realized that it’s still being used every day, even quite a lot (>120 downloads / day, from this site only).
I’ve taken another look on it and decided to update it and, more important, make it more user-friendly. As from this version (0.9), the app is made for Windows, it’s a lot easier to use and it takes less time (~30s). It’s still has an inferior version because it lacks some things and I don’t consider it being finished (some more “sensational” stuff might pop up 😉 ).
Please note: If you’re using windows version the app will recognize the phone from within android, you don’t have to manually boot to hboot, it will do it by itself (recommended).
-add faq & disclaimer;
-update linux version;
v0.9.5 – beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; might not work at all because I had nothing to test it on.
v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
v0.9.2 – If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
v0.9.1 – dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
v0.9 – major changes; windows version; different approach;
v0.2a – linux verson (bootable CD image); trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything’s ok. If it doesn’t, start over again until it does
PS!! Providing feedback (no matter the scenario) is very important for both me and you, that’s why I kindly ask you to do so. Thanks!
If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot..
Common errors you could encounter (first of all, you should uninstal HTC Sync!):
[No device found!]
This actually occurs in a couple of situations: (1) No device or wrong device connected. (2) Drivers not installed or improper drivers.(3)ADB is not enabled.(4) While using a virtual machine, which is a bit trickier; you have to install the drivers inside the machine and let it handle usb devices; this varies by the software you’re using.
[Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..]
HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.exe is a self extracting archive, it extracts the 4 files inside in a temp folder and automatically runs the unlock client, which is a packed exe. Some anti-viruses consider this a suspicious activity and deletes (or denies access to) some of the files. Try to disable the antivirus or use the archived version.
[Unable to load function(s).0]
Wrong AdbWinApi.dll / AdbWinUsbApi.dll. Make sure you run the app from the same folder with these files (found in the archive).
[Unable to load library!]
Make sure you have AdbWinApi.dll & AdbWinUsbApi.dll (files profided with the app) in the same directory you’re running the app from.
No error, the app starts and quickly quits
This probably happens when you run the self-extracting archive. Try using the regular archive and report back.
Windows version of the unlock tool is almost done, I’ll run some tests to see if everything’s ok and then post it here. Hopefully it will get rid of false positive results. Stay tooned!
Posted from WordPress for Android